Jess Hebden and Erika Osborn were among the thirty talented winners and took part in a hybrid event on 4th November, at the Odeon, Leicester Square (London). 

Jess graduated in 2014 and now works as a Project Manager at Banks Sadler.  Jess said, “CN30 under Thirty is an amazing initiative supporting and recognising young talent. Ever since the initiative was launched, I have always wanted to be recognised and on the winners list. Hard work really does pay off and dreams do come true! To have made the 2020 list is an absolute honour and I am beyond proud ….To anyone currently studying Events Management I would say, be proactive, work hard, believe in yourself and make your voice heard. But most importantly have fun and enjoy all the challenges and opportunities that are presented to you, they will help you grow and evolve. It is such a rewarding industry full of so many exciting possibilities.”

Band white photo of a smiling young woman with curly hair

Jess Hebden (© Jonathan ‘JT’ Taylor/Aniseed Photo)

Erika graduated in 2018 and works as a Corporate Access Logistics Coordinator for First Event Services placed in the Morgan Stanley team. Erika said, “I am honoured to be named a CN 30 Under Thirty class of 2020 winner! It is an amazing feeling to be recognised alongside the conference and meetings industry’s top young talent.  Something I quickly learned with live events is that usually something out of your control will go wrong, so my mantra is to always do the very best that I possibly can, with a positive attitude and a smile on my face.”

Young woman with dark hair stood next to CN 30 under 30 banner

Erika Osborn (© Jonathan ‘JT’ Taylor/Aniseed Photo)

Conference News, a leading events industry magazine, has run the competition for a number of years to showcase the talent that is working in the events industry. Head of UK Centre for Events Management, Dr James Musgrave stated, “In a year dominated by the Covid-19 pandemic, and the major impact that this has had on all areas of the economy, including the events industry, it is wonderful to see alumna success and to celebrate tomorrow’s leaders today”. 

Click here for further information on CN 30 Under Thirty.

Dr Lucy Laville

Course Director / School Of Events, Tourism And Hospitality Management

An experienced Senior Lecturer with 15 years industry experience, Lucy has developed and run courses, led periodic reviews and won awards for her role as Course Leader. She is also actively researching the value of mentoring and networking for new professions, and embedding her research into teaching.