The Retail Institute
Leeds Beckett University's The Retail Institute combines the strengths of academic research with commercial consultancy. The Centre has been established to deliver knowledge, expertise and awareness of new technologies relevant to consumer goods, retailing and the food and drink sectors.
Professor Cathy Barnes has been leading the team, providing consultancy services to business for over 15 years in the following specialist areas:
- Barriers and Coatings
- New and Novel Materials
- New Innovation Processes
- Biomimetic Innovation
- Consumer Design Methods
Food and Drink
- Nutrition and Dietics
- Health and Wellness Communication
- Alcohol Innovation
- Sports and Medical Nutrition
Retail Consumer Experience
- Tactile Experience Design
- Sensory Design
- Emotional Design
- Shelf Ready and Point of Sale
- Multi-Channel Retailing
New Retail Technologies
- Plastic and Printed Electronics
- Gamification and Augmented Reality
- Consumer Tracking Technologies
- The Networked Consumer
- Supply Chain and Logistics
Not only do we support the innovation needs of companies; we undertake research that makes a real commercial difference to the retailing and consumer goods industry. We also have specific expertise and in depth knowledge of how you can access funding from the UK, EU and beyond.
We work closely with leading global brand owners, retailers and packaging companies and SME's throughout the UK.
We excel at developing new ideas to feed into the front end of the innovation process. For example:
- If you need to develop or improve a new concept or consumer product; we can provide new ideas and advice.
- If you have a project idea but don’t know where to start; we can point you in the right direction.
- If there is someone else already working on a project that you could partner with; we can facilitate the introductions.
- If you need insight into technological innovations to help to future-proof your business; we are experts in predicting new trends that can impact on future performance.
Examples of clients we have worked for previously include:
- Procter & Gamble
- Linpac Packaging
If you have a specific project you would like to discuss or, for general information about our consultancy services please contact the University Enterprise office on 0113 81 21904.
More information can be found at The Retail Institute website