UCAS POINTS CALCULATOR
Not sure how many UCAS points you have? Use our UCAS Points Calculator to see what you are working with.Calculate My Points
BE PART OF IT
A glimpse into what you could be part of and why we’re one of the most popular universities in the UK
SUBJECTS IN CLEARING
Architecture & Landscape Design
Art & Design
Business & Management
Computing & Engineering
Criminology, Psychology & Sociology
Dietetics & Nutrition
Economics & Analytics
Education & Teaching
English, History & Media
Music & Sound
Nursing, Health Care & Health Promotion
Planning, Housing & Human Geography
Politics & International Relations
Psychological Therapies & Mental Health
Safety & Environmental Health
Speech & Language Sciences
Surveying, Construction & Project Management
Tourism & Hospitality Management
Youth, Community & Playwork
It will work out
Everything happens for a reason, and if you go through Clearing it will work out for the better.
Hannah joined us via Clearing in 2015
WHAT IS CLEARING?
If you find yourself without a university place after receiving your results don't worry, you can enter Clearing. Clearing (managed by UCAS) is the process of matching applicants without a university place to one of the university places still available.
Clearing is also available to those who already have their results and haven't yet applied to university.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR CLEARING?
You are eligible if:
- You already have your exam results but you have no offers.
- You had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day.
- You have declined all your offers or not responded by the due date.
- UCAS received your application after 30 June. If they receive your application after this date, they will not send it to any universities or colleges, therefore you will automatically be entered into Clearing.
What if i'm a new applicant?
If you are a new applicant but you don't yet have your results you can apply to Leeds Beckett University via UCAS now. However, please note that your application will only be considered once you have your results.
What subjects will leeds beckett offer through clearing?
A list of courses available during Clearing can be found on our online prospectus. Please note that not all of our courses will be available through Clearing.
When does Clearing start?
You can only apply through Clearing when you have your results. For most applicants Clearing starts on A level results day: Thursday 16 August.
If you are taking a BTEC, or any other qualifications where you already have your results, you can contact us to secure your place. Our Clearing courses are available to view from July. You can apply to us through Clearing if:
- You already have your results/qualifications and don’t have a place at university.
- You have decided you want to come to Leeds Beckett and haven’t applied yet.
If you'd like to work out exactly how many UCAS points you have achieved, you can use our UCAS points calculator.
What if i miss my predicted grades
Don't worry, entry requirements are important - but so is your experience. You should check your UCAS Track account. Just because you have not achieved your expected grades doesn't mean you haven't secured your place at Leeds Beckett University.
My results are better than expected - what are my options now?
Each year some applicants pass their exams with better results than expected. UCAS have a scheme called 'Adjustment' for this purpose which you can register for by accessing your UCAS Track account
Adjustment provides an opportunity for you to reconsider where and what to study. At Leeds Beckett University, most courses will have places available for exceptional candidates and we would welcome your application so please talk to us.
How does clearing work on UCAS?
- UCAS list all university courses available in Clearing online and update this list continually, this is where you should look for a course you are interested in.
- Create/log in to your UCAS Track account. If you are eligible, a Clearing button will have automatically been added to your UCAS Track screen.
- Once you have received a verbal offer from us, and you want to accept, click 'Add Clearing choice' within your UCAS Track account and enter our institution details and the chosen course.
- We will then receive this notification and confirm your place; this will show as an acceptance on the choices page of your UCAS Track account.
Will i be able to secure accommodation if i apply through clearing?
We guarantee accommodation in our halls of residence or through our network of private accommodation suppliers, including Unipol, who advertise thousands of rooms across the city. Once you have an offer from us through Clearing, you can speak to our accommodation team directly on 0113 812 5972 who will be very happy to talk to you about your options.
What will happen with my student finance?
If you haven't yet applied for student finance you will need to apply now at www.gov.uk/student-finance. If you have already applied for finance and your course/university has changed during Clearing you need to let Student Finance England know as soon as possible. Log in to your account to change your details.
Do you offer any financial support or scholarships at Leeds Beckett?
Leeds Beckett University does offer Scholarships and Bursaries. Find out if you are eligible for any of them.
How do i accept my place at Leeds Beckett?
To confirm your place, log on to UCAS Track to check the status of your application. If your place has been confirmed – congratulations; there is no need to contact our University. Information welcoming you to Leeds Beckett will follow within a few hours.
Your place cannot be confirmed until you have met all of the conditions of your offer.
Don’t rule it out
There will still be places available even if you didn’t get the expected grades.
Kieran joined us via Clearing in 2017
LOOKING FOR MORE
Give us a call:0113 812 3113