How long have you been working at Leeds Beckett?

I’ve been working here fourteen years now, since 2007. I was I cleaning and then I moved across to here. After maternity leave I applied to come work here, then I was doing hospitality for two years, and came back again. I also worked in the shop for two years, so I’ve worked in a lot of different roles here.

What is your favourite part of working in food services?

There are five of us in our team, four and our team leader, and we do breakfast and lunch. We get on very well in the food court, and I’m very proud of the staff working here. When you’re down and you come to work, you’ll always get someone who will build you up. Getting up and coming to work, and having a job – I’m very proud of that. It’s really nice to come to work here.

At Headingley we have lots of students – lots of international students and mature students as well. I love interacting with different students, it’s really nice to see them when they first come, nervous at first and then they come out of their shell in the second and third year. It’s really nice.

What is your favourite thing about living in Leeds?

I love nature, so I love the countryside around the city. I love going for walks with my children, because I found a secret place called the Chevin, the secret view – we go there a lot. I don’t live far from there, so I love to go up to the top and look out over the view. You can see everything from up there. And we go to Brimham Rocks as well, there’s so much amazing nature around the city.