Research at Leeds Beckett
About Jane Welbourn
Jane is a Senior Lecturer and Course Leader working within the School of Events, Tourism, Hospitality & Language. She is the Course leader for The Professional Diploma in Leisure Retail Management working with industry partners to develop continuing professional development programmes. She has over 15 years' experience as a training consultant designing and delivering interactive programmes for international organisations aimed at diverse multicultural audiences.
Jane has a wide range of teaching experiences in multi-cultural contexts and is currently working with the Josoor Institute in Qatar for the delivery and legacy of the Qatar 2022 world cup.
Jane is an eternal examiner for Queen Margaret University, India.
- Hospitality Human Resources level 5
- International Strategic Human Resource Management level 6
- Tourism Consultancy Ventures level 6
- Creating Business Solutions level 5
- Strategic and Financial Management for Events Organisations level 7
- Individual Project Level 6
- Managing the Tourism and Hospitality Workforce level 7
Jane has published articles on employability. She is working on researching the value of Continuing Professional Development courses to individuals and businesses.
Conference contributions (3)
- Cox P; Welbourn JL; Jameson SM (2011) Employability and the development of skills in an assessment centre in partnership with industry Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, England 11/05/2011.
- Walsh S; Welbourn JL (2011) Student's perceptions of working with industry practitioners Education Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, England 11/05/2011.
- Welbourn JL; Jameson SM (2009) The Road travelled. Students' experiences and perceptions of Employability Helsinki, Finland .
- Leeds Beckett launches degree apprenticeship partnership with award winning pub and hotel chain JD Wetherspoon