Research at Leeds Beckett
About Hannah Greatwood
Hannah Greatwood joined the teaching and research group of Biomechanics, Physiology and Nutrition in 2007 after working as a clinical Dietitian at Leeds Teaching Hospitals.
Hannah had previously worked as a research assistant at Carnegie Weight Management and had lectured part time for Leeds Beckett University.
Hannah contributes to the sport and exercise nutrition undergraduate and postgraduate modules, as well as a number of multidisciplinary modules that are delivered across the Faculty.
Hannah's main interests lie in multi-factorial interventions for healthy eating and physical activity in children. Her masters thesis and her work with overweight and obese children developed an interest in the effects of dietary manipulation on appetite. In 2008 she received a seeding grant with colleagues to investigate the current physical activity levels, self esteem and dietary intake in a local secondary school.
More recently Hannah has become involved in a project that assesses the nutritional status of athletes and is specifically reviewing their dietary intake.
Hannah has presented her work at international conferences including ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) and BASES (British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences).
Journal articles (6)
- Greatwood HC; Daly-Smith A; McGregor S; McKenna J (2013), Year 7 dietary intake: a comparison of two schools with middle-high socio-economic status.
- Radley D; Smith AJW; Greatwood H; Mackreth P; Griffiths C; Cooke CB; McKenna J (2010), Accelerometry-based physical activity assessment: An objective measure?
- Smith AJW; Greatwood H; MacKreth PK; Griffiths C; Cooke CB; McKenna J (2009), The impact of commuting made to/from school on the amount of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity accumulated in the journey
- Greatwood H; McGregor S; Smith AJW; Mackreth PK; Griffiths C; Cooke CB; McKenna J (2009), Is there a relationship between energy intake and self-perception in year 7 children?
- Greatwood H; Pringle A; Gilson N; McKenna J; Rivett M (2009), The effect of motivational-interviews on the physical activity engagement and change in completers
- Gately P; King N; Greatwood H; Humprey L; Radley D; Cooke CB; Hill AJ (2007), Does a High-protein Diet Improve Weight Loss in Overweight and Obese Children?
Conference contributions (1)
- Gately PJ; Radley D; Tonge D; Powell M; Greatwood H; Hester J; Cooke CB (2004) Six-month outcomes of a monthly pilot primary care activity and education clinic for overweight and obese children Las Vagas, Nevada, USA 20041114. : .