Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Nasser Hussain
About Dr Nasser Hussain
Nasser has a variety of writing and research interests, revolving around contemporary poetry and poetics, embodiment and performance, and creative writing. Current foci include autobiography, Conceptual writing, the ethics of appropriation, and a number of writing projects that seek to find and recuperate 'lost' fragments of language, including SKYWRITEINGS - a work that composes poetry from IATA airport codes.
- Poetry (Level 4)
- Critical Reading (Level 4)
- Theory into Practice (Level 5)
- Creative Writing (Level 6)
Current projects include:
- 'Playing with Playing with Fire' - an experiment in autobiography.
- 'SKYWRITEINGS' - poetry that conflates the semantic, the poetic, and the geographical.
- 'The Life of Form' - a project in which I compose autobiographical poems about poets who have created specific forms (the sestina, the pantoum, etc), in the form that they created.