- Study & Courses
- University Schools
- Art, Architecture & Design
- Built Environment & Engineering
- Clinical & Applied Sciences
- Computing, Creative Technologies & Engineering
- Cultural Studies & Humanities
- Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Film, Music & Performing Arts
- Health & Community Studies
- Department of Languages
- Social Sciences
- University Life
- About Us
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
Research at Leeds Beckett
Journal articles (8)
- Dewald E (In press), The students of the Ecoles Pratiques de Saigon, technological know-how and colonial entrepreneurship, Vietnam, 1897-1943. Technology and Culture
- Dewald E (In press), Marketing motherhood: advertising and consuming condensed milk in the late-colonial Netherlands East Indies and French Indochina. Gender and History
- Dewald E (2017), A History of Modern Tourism by Eric Zuelow [Review]. Journal of Global History, vol. 12 (1), p. 159-160.
- Dewald E (2013), Patronage, Passion, and the Power of Networks. Cross-Currents : East Asian History and Culture Review(7), p. 118-124.
View Repository Record
- Dewald E (2013), Imperial heights: Dalat and the making and undoing of French Indochina by Eric Jennings. Journal of Southeast Asian Studies, vol. 44 (1), p. 195-198.
- Dewald E (2012), Taking to the Waves: Vietnamese society around the radio in the 1930s. Modern Asian Studies, vol. 46 (1), p. 143-165.
- Dewald E; Arnold D (2011), Everyday Technology in South and Southeast Asia: An introduction. Modern Asian Studies, vol. 46 (1), p. 1-17.
- Dewald E; Arnold D (2011), Cycles of Empowerment? The Bicycle and Everyday Technology in Colonial India and Vietnam. Comparative Studies in Society and History, vol. 53 (4), p. 971-996.
- Dewald E (2019) Around machines: everyday technology and Vietnamese society, 1880-1960. . Cambridge University Press.
- Dewald E (2018) Tinkering their way to prosperity: technical education, auto-mechanics and entrepreneurship in late-colonial Vietnam. In: Dewald E Education in Southeast Asia in Modern History: Schools, Manipulation, and Contest. : , pp. .
Conference contributions (4)
- Dewald E (2017) Colonial science, Vietnamese fishermen and the fish they sought, 1900-1940 Toronto 20170301. : .
- Dewald E (2016) The students of the Ecoles Pratiques de Saigon, technological know-how and colonial entrepreneurship, Vietnam, 1897-1943 20160901. : .
- Dewald E (2015) Fish sauce, Vietnamese entrepreneurs and the everyday opportunities of the late colonial state Vienna 20150801. : .
- Dewald E (2015) Marketing motherhood: advertising and consuming condensed milk in the late-colonial Dutch East Indies and French Indochina Copenhagen 20150620. : .