For her practice-led PhD Dr Connor-Crabb presented papers and exhibited work at international conferences and events. She has published in the peer-reviewed journal Fashion Practice and contributed to Kate Fletcher's 'Craft of Use' (2016) as well as 'Opening Up the Wardrobe: A Methods Book' by Fletcher and Klepp (TBC). Anja's research interests lie in exploring sustainable fashion practices for both the wearers and makers of fashion, with a focus on garment life extension.
Anja is a lecturer in fashion design and has previously taught at the London College of Fashion, the University of Brighton and Buckingham New University. She has previously worked as a designer for Puma, Bench and The Fableists as well as running her own sustainable fashion company in Indonesia.
Anja is a Senior Lecturer on BA Fashion and teaches design related modules.
Journal articles (1)
- Connor-Crabb AC (2016), Design Strategies for the Eternal Reoccurrence of the New
- Connor-Crabb AC (2017) Method 17. By brand: 'The wear and tear of clothing - perceptions on clothing longevity'. In: Fletcher K; Klepp IG Opening up the Wardrobe - A Methods Book. : Novus, pp. .
Conference contributions (3)
- Connor-Crabb AC (2015) 'Thinking outside of the box: Design toolkits and their relevance in fashion and sustainability' Konstfack - Univeristy College of Arts, Crafts and Design. Stockholm, Sweden 07/06/2015.
- Connor-Crabb AC (2014) Fashion Design for Longevity University College Ghent, Belgium 20/11/2014.
- Connor-Crabb AC (2014) The eternal reoccurrence of the new - Design for Longevity University of Southern Denmark, Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, University of Copenhagen / Designmuseum Danmark, Kolding School of Design 03/10/2014.
- Connor-Crabb AC12/01/2015-29/03/2015
- Connor-Crabb AC01/01/2015-01/01/2015