To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Applying for a CPD course (credit bearing)

How to apply

To apply for one of our CPD courses please download and fill in the relevant application form below. Note the following courses have specialised application forms: Non-Medical Prescribing (NMC & HCPC registrations) and Cervical Cytology Screening.

Some of our CPD courses may benefit from SSPRD funded places, you should check the CPD portfolio to see which of these courses qualify or contact you can download the relevant document from the Funding and Payment Forms section.

Changes in the way SSPRD funding is now accessed means that you will need to secure signatures and support from your immediate line manager or designated supervisor and the nominated SSPRD Lead for your trust or CCG before submitting your application to the University.

Send your application back to us at the address or email included on the form. Please ensure that you have completed all sections and answered all questions, uncompleted forms may result in delays and ultimately missing out on available places.

If you have any questions or require further information about your application, please email us at

To apply for the Support for Learning in Practice (SLiP) course, please use our application form here or contact Amy Brown at


Application Forms

Funding and Payment Forms



How to pay

Self or employer funded

If you or your employer are paying for the course there are a number of ways to pay:

  • In most instances once your attendance on the course has been confirmed and a class list signed you will be invoiced for the amount shortly after the course start date (approx. 2 weeks)
  • If you are being sponsored by a third party (i.e. your employer, or other organisation) then you will need to complete the ESSF payment form and submit a confirmation letter from your sponsor so that the invoice can be raised in their name. You can find an example sponsor letter here.
  • You can contact our incomes office to arrange payment or if you would like further information about the fees and costs you can contact 
Health Education England - Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development Funding

If your chosen course qualifies for funding you may be eligible for a funded place provided by Health Education England across Yorkshire and Humber if you:

  • are employed by an organisation providing NHS commissioned services,
  • are employed by an organisation within the HEE region
  • are a specialist public health clinician which includes those clinical staff recently transferred from the NHS into Local Authorities,
  • meet the entry criteria of the programme and have written support from your employing organisation.

The SSPRD application form asks for the required information in order to check your eligibility for funding (see points above). Failure to complete the form fully may result in a delay to your booking and / or being asked to pay for the course yourself.

If you are a GP, you will not be eligible for this funding so please see the instructions for payment above. For more information, contact Health Education Yorkshire and Humber:

If you are unsure about who will finance your studies, have any queries or would like more information, please email us at

Back to Top Button