- Study & Courses
- University Schools
- University Life
- About Us
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
Leeds Cultural Conversations
- 'Eastern European 'Show Trials' of the 1950s: the Slansky Case'
- From the Stands to Social Media: The Changing Nature of Racism in Football
- The Dark Age: Air Pollution in Urban-industrial Britain
- ‘The Real Fagin? The Life and Crimes of William Sheen’
- 'What is the European Capital of Culture and what it can do for a City?'
- ‘Doing Urban History in an Urban World’
- ‘It's not all Sequins and Bikinis? Power, Performance and Play in the Leeds and Trinidad Carnival.’
- ‘Retaking the Commons: Culture, Politics, and the Public Realm’
- ‘Pride of Place: LGBTQ Histories and Heritage’
- ‘Women, Visibility and Playful Acts’
About Leeds Cultural Conversations
Leeds Cultural Conversations is a series of public lectures organised by the Centre for Culture & the Arts at Leeds Beckett University. The series is run in partnership with Leeds City Council with support from publisher Palgrave Macmillan. Each event showcases a different piece of leading research being undertaken by our academic colleagues from our specialist research centre and we encourage debate with all that attend.
Events take place monthly in Leeds city centre, over lunchtime and are open to all.
If you would like to be added to our Cultural Conversations mailing list please click here.
Previous Events - 2018/19 Series
Previous Events - 2017/18 Series
Previous events - 2016/17 Series
Previous Events - 2015/16 Series