Soccer in the Streets
There is the opportunity for 6 volunteers to get involved with a community coaching programme with Soccer in the Streets, a charity based in the city of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Volunteers will coach and deliver life skills workshops to underprivileged children and young adults based within community centres and refugee districts within the city. Accommodation for volunteers will be provided by the employees and partners of the charity in residential areas of the city, and there will be the opportunity to experience many different social and cultural activities in addition to the volunteer work.
Volunteer role (s):
- Planning and delivering soccer coaching sessions and other sports activities to a variety of young ages across the city.
- Planning and delivering life skills workshops to provide positive social enhancement and professional development to youth from various ethnic backgrounds.
- Assisting with the planning and delivering of events to promote the profile of the charity, and help with fundraising.
- Providing mentoring and assisting with participants across a variety of planned activities.
- Assisting with cultural day trips across the city to educate the participants and provide positive social engagement and personal development.
Project location: Atlanta
Duration: 2 weeks (plus optional free time at the end of the project)
Date: Early June 2019
Accommodation: You will stay in home stays with US families in an area called Decatur
Fundraising: In addition to the fees each volunteer must raise a minimum of £100 which will be donated/used during your time with Soccer in the Street
Project Fees: £ 1100 (all volunteers are eligible for our Global Engagement bursary £250 bursary, which would make total fees payable £ 850 + Fundraising)
To read more about our project in Atlanta, please download our Project Information Document.