Developing a Whole School Approach to LGBTQ+ Inclusion in Education Workshop
This one day workshop will support school leaders in deepening their understanding of developing a whole school approach to LGBTQ+ Inclusion.
Facilitated by Claire Birkenshaw, Professor Jonathan Glazzard and Hannah Jepson this workshop will support school leaders in deepening their understanding of developing a whole school approach to LGBTQ+ Inclusion.
Using research and evidence based approaches school leaders will learn strategies and develop an action plan that can be applied back in their educational settings. The workshop will support your school in becoming RSE 2020 ready.
• Understand how to develop a context specific whole school approach to LGBTQ inclusion
• Understand the experiences of LGBTQ teachers and LGBT identities of young people
• Understand minority stress and school environment
• Understand the psychology of LGBTQ inclusion and why it is important for schools
• Understanding the right core competencies for LGBTQ inclusion
• Demystifying LGBTQ
• Develop an action plan for your school
Who is this workshop for?
Middle or Senior Leaders in all Educational Settings Duration 1 Day Cost £70 and £60 for schools undertaking the School Mental Health Award and / or LGBTQ+ Inclusion.
6 March 2020
6 March 2020
- 10:00 - 16:00
Burlington McDonalds Hotel, Birmingham