Lift Off 2019
As a celebration of their work over the previous year, second and third year students from the School of Film, Music & Performing Arts will be putting on a number of performances on campus and in the city.
A number of screenings will take place of students' work.
Further details will be available here shortly.
The Music Performance Project module involves public performances in the city by second year students.
For an idea of what to expect a playlist featuring a selection of performances from last year is available.
An event featuring a number of performances/ previews will be held at Northern Guitars on Tuesday 9 April, 19:00-23:00.
The main showcase will be taking place on Tuesday 30 April in the Lending Rooms at the Library Pub, 18:00-23:00. This event will also include a collaboration with Broadcast Media third year students who will live stream the performances.
The acts to watch out for include:
- Becca and Luka: Exquisite vocal harmonies from Becca Parsons and Luka Huidobro-Howe
- Navy Pink: Exciting punk rock band with Johnny Rotten/Alex Turner inspired female vocalist Johann Rossiter and bassist India Parry
- MJLK: Soul jazz lounge cool from Kyra Fyndlator, Merryn Robinson, Josh Huggard and Louis Denison Foster
- Made In: Cajon-led Indie from JJ and Ellie
- Paradas: Indie rock
- Paradosi: Greek rock from Savvas Chrysotomou’s band
- Neosoul from Nicole
- Singer songwriter Hether Melgram with jazz rock fusion guitar sounds from David Wray
Third year students are also organising their own performances which include:
- 11 April (19:00): Axura, Absynthe, Passiondown, and Tom Whitby at Santiagos
- 21 April (18:30): Mastaratt, Phenakism, and Paradaeis at Wharf Chambers. Event page
- 28 April (18:30): Shades of Soul, Citrus Funk, Napoleon Blue, and Joe Sargent in collaboration with Events Management students at The Lending Room. Event page
A mixed programme of dance and performances will take place 3-10 May which will see around 24 pieces being staged in studios and venues both in Headingley and the city.
For an idea of what to expect, watch a dance performance from 2017 Lift Off.
21 April 2019
10 May 2019