Student Blog Squad

Reasons to attend an Applicant Day

Hi, I'm Chloe, and I decided I wanted to study here at Leeds Beckett after attending my Applicant Day. Here are the reasons why, and why I think you should attend yours too.

Girl with parent at an open day

I attended my Applicant day around 4 years ago now, and I left that day knowing that Leeds Beckett University was the place for me.

I'd already attended an Open Day here, and it was a great opportunity to get an initial feel for the University and for the course. However if, like me, you went to multiple Open Days - it is likely the universities have started to merge into one in your head.

Attending an Applicant Day is a much more focused experience where you can refresh what you learnt at the Open Day and apply it to your future in a much more tailored day. Here at Leeds Beckett, we offer in-depth course talks, opportunities to speak to your future lecturers as well as current students, campus tours, accommodation tours and even tours of a few key areas in Leeds.

It was this in-depth information that I was given about my course (plus the really fun interactive mini-lecture session) that showed me how happy I would be here at Leeds Beckett, and how exciting I would find my studies. I really recommend that everybody comes along to an Applicant Day, as it will give you a taster of the things you will be doing on your course, week in and week out.

It is important that if you do come to an Applicant Day, you get a lot from it, and ensure that the university is definitely for you.

How to get the most out of the day:

• Bring a notebook!
    This way you can make notes of all the useful information during your day to think about after the day.
  • Make sure you get an answer to all of your questions
    Accommodation, Admissions, Student Money Advice, Disability Services and Employability will all be on hand on the day to answer your questions, as well as current students and lecturers so don't let any question go unanswered!
  • Take some time to get to know Leeds
    Leeds is a vibrant city with something for everyone. Take time to get a feel for the city, as this can be just as important as liking your course.

Below are some of my favourite images from my time here at Leeds Beckett - and it's all thanks to attending an Applicant Day!

Chloe Wells - student group picture outside James Graham building
Chloe Wells - students on a night out
Chloe Wells - students on a Christmas night out
Chloe Wells - student night out at Varsity