We’ve suggested 20 ways to make someone’s day that you can do anywhere. All you have to do is…
Pick a number between 1-20.
Now scroll down to that random act of kindness idea and do it to celebrate #RandomActsofKindnessDay
- Pay it Backward: buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Tell someone they dropped £1 (even though they didn’t). Then give them a £1 coin.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the lift.
- Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
- Throw a party to celebrate someone just for being who they are, which is awesome.
- Encounter someone in customer service who is especially kind? Take an extra five minutes to tell their manager.
- Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
- Smile at five strangers.
- Set an alarm on your phone to go off at three different times during the day. In those moments, do something kind for someone else.
- Practice self-kindness and spend 30 minutes doing something you love today.
- Have a clean up party at a beach or park.
- Leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford.
- When you’re throwing something away on the street, pick up any litter around you and put that in the trash too.
- Put 50 paper hearts in a box. On each cutout write something that is special about your partner or a friend. Give them the box and tell them to pull out a heart anytime they need a pick-me-up.
- Purchase extra dog or cat food and bring it to an animal shelter.
- Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
- Run an errand for a family member who is busy.
- Put your phone away while in the company of others.