Coaching & Development
Level 1 Award in Coaching Basketball
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE COURSE DETAILS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYINGThe basic level if you’re starting out in basketball coaching. It’s great if you already have a club coach and you’re planning to work alongside them in a school or coaching environment. This qualification enables you to assist other coaches in delivering sessions.
You will need to be under supervision and it is a supporting role.
TARGET GROUPS AND PROFILES
This is the basic level of coaching qualification, which gives outline knowledge of basketball, and enables the holder to introduce basketball and to assist a Coach Award holder (or above). The holder is not covered by the Association’s insurance for working unsupervised and must work under the supervision of a minimum of a Coach Award holder. Examples are:-
Parents of performers, Sports centre staff, Teachers, Youth workers, Players or ex-players, Interested adults, Students
External Candidate fee £105
Leeds Beckett Student Fee £95
LB Student Offer £85
10% off upto 31 Oct
|Saturday||17 November 2018||0900-1700|
|Saturday||24 November 2018||0900-1700|
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
- Have an active interest and involvement in Basketball
Candidates who enrolled onto this course should download and complete the Coaching Practice Requirements and Home Study Questions before attending the first day of the course.
It is also recommended that you download read the Health & Safety Guidelines for Basketball. These are available from England Basketball website in the Courses/ Coaching Awards section.
Digital portfolios for learners will be available for use on IOs/ Windows/ Android devices should you require a hard copy please inform the course organiser
- Prepare for the delivery of coaching activities
- Deliver prepared activities of the coaching sessions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of coaching activities
- Gain knowledge and understanding of all elements of good coaching practice
Candidates will be required to demonstrate an understanding and application of certain coaching techniques in an appropriate environment. The assessment of the Practical Syllabus will be assessed by the course tutor on a minimum of one 15 minute coaching session providing a good demonstration of the basic skills of basketball. A 30 minute written multiple choice answer paper will be conducted to assess candidate’s knowledge and understanding.
- 'Know the Game – Basketball' – Published by A&C Black
- 'Health & Safety in Basketball' – Published by the English Basketball Association
- 'Coaching Basketball – Individual and Team Fundamentals' – Published by the English Basketball Association
- 17 Hours
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ
Please select a file