Biomedical Science Laboratories
This modern, purpose built, multidisciplinary space contains a range of the latest scientific testing equipment, walk-in cold and warm rooms and state-of-the-art IT and AV facilities. The laboratory provides important and cutting-edge facilities for undertaking biomedical ‘bench’ research, consultancy and teaching.
The modern facilities available within our Biomedical Sciences Laboratory allow you to investigate subjects that excite you, from what makes humans tick to seeing how the food we eat keeps us alive and healthy.
The space is arranged in four teaching zones, allowing up to four separate training sessions to take place at one time. Some of the courses that use these facilities include Biomedical Sciences, Toxicological Sciences, and Microbiology and Biotechnology.
Our facilities include:
- Brand new Dietetics/Nutrition kitchens
- Food inspection laboratory
- Psychology Lab
- Recording and observation suite for speech therapy
- New Biomedical research laboratory
- A PHD suite with 20 hot desk stations, meeting room and self-contained kitchen facilities