East African Playgrounds
Interested in applying for this summer 2019 - please email email@example.com and we will add you to our interested list.
East African Playgrounds is a UK registered charity that aims to change the lives of children across East Africa by developing children’s learning opportunities and environments. You will work alongside local communities to build simulating and exciting playgrounds, run arts and games programmes as well as developing long-term employment and training opportunities for young people across East Africa.
- Live in a rural community outside Jinja in Uganda
- Work alongside Ugandan staff to build a playground for the community that is hosting you
- Digging foundations with basic hand tools
- Sanding metal work which will be placed and welded by the Ugandan staff
- Painting and decorating the playground in line with the communities wishes
- Arts, play and sports activities with the young people from the community
- Project location: Jinga, Uganda
- Duration: Two weeks
- Accommodation: Very basic accommodation
- Fundraising: In addition to the project fees, each volunteer has to raise a minimum of £800 which will be donated to East African Playgrounds to cover the costs of the playground and the staff who work for EAP. We, and your Team Leader, will support you in your fundraising activities
Project Fees: £1300 approximately (dependent on flights) (all first-time volunteers are eligible for our £250 bursary, which would make total fees payable approximately £1050)
Facebook page - please ensure that you are following us on social media to keep updated with our latest news and events.