School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management

Golden Robes winners and research recognition

Double celebrations this week as academics win 'Best Lecturer' and the 'Best Module' at the Golden Robe awards, and researchers at the school are commended by the Journal of Destination Marketing and Management.

Golden Robe Winners

It is our pleasure to announce that David Dewhurst and Dr Simon Woodward were celebrated by both students and their peers for outstanding contributions within our university at the 2018 Golden Robes Awards. David is the proud winner of the Best Lecturer award - for a lecturer that really stands out; someone who delivers interesting and engaging sessions that make you want to get up for every 9:00 lecture. Simon's, Tourism and the Media module won Best Module, for being interesting, challenging and exciting, offered new experiences and had great content. Simon said: “This isn’t just about me and this module. I want to thank my Course Director Lisa Gorton for letting me take on and shape the module to my own interests; the rest of the ITOUR teaching team for all your work preparing our students so that by the time they get to choosing their electives at Level 6 they have the skills, knowledge and confidence to get out of their comfort zone; and the students themselves, who are prepared from time to time to take some risks and push themselves on this module”.